Friday, January 25, 2008

Snazzy!

I have a new header! It was the first time I ever used Photoshop (which is why it looks all bad, haha), and it took me a few hours to make, and I'm pretty proud of myself for not having to read any tutorials or anything. I just clicked on shit and found out what it did. Screw directions!

When I finally got sick of working on it, I decided I was done. Then I put it on here, and it looked awful with those totes hids default colors, so I changed them to some sweet neon colors. Don't want people thinking I'm a poser. Plus, I figured that since my LJ and MySpace and stuff are done in those colors, might as well keep them. I fear change, but I'm feeling this.

Anyway, I'm at my bf's for the weekend, and though I brought such a large amount of teen books it's embarrassing, he doesn't have a scanner so if I update tonight or tomorrow (can't be sure of it because he's addicted to WoW) I won't be able to put cover images in until I'm at home on Sunday. I like to give a heads up.

Also, if you have any requests for anything, leave a comment and let me know. I foolishly gave away all of my childhood books a few years ago (except for BSC and SVH), so let me know if there's something you'd like, and I'll see if my shitty library has it. I'm always looking for new books to read too, so if there's something cool I should know about, tell me!

One week left until we crown our Queen of Lameness! Get those votes in, or else Mallory is going to cream everyone!

Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if you were ever into her- but do you remember Jem? She was my F-A-V-O-R-I-T-E! When I moved, she some how got lost and I was devestated. Anyhow, I've been on a HUGE 80's music kick lately and I looked for a music video by the "Missing Persons". www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6CunFiE0Cs

Yup, JEM was inspired by an actual person. My b/f totally had (has?) the hots for her.

snappleaddict said...

I had a Jem book, but I never had the doll, which is weird because it seems like something I would've been all over. Maybe I was too little, because I was born in 1985, but didn't really have Barbies and stuff until around 1989 or so. I remember watching the show or movie, whichever it was.

Anonymous said...

I'm perplexed. Are we voting based on TV or book characters? 'Cause after watching the entire 4th season of sweet valley (courtesy of abcfamily), I felt compelled to change my vote from Mallory to Enid. Seriously painful.
I know that Mallory is going to "win" anyways; I'm just trying to vote responsibly!

snappleaddict said...

That's a good question! I'd say to base your vote on both TV and movies, but then Penny would be out because I don't recall her ever being in the show. So books only? I don't know, Mallory's pretty much got it in the bag anyway.

Tess said...

I know I'm a bit late, but please recap on some Degrassi? I loved that TV show! So much!